No dinner party is complete without a little sparkle, a bottle of bubbly and a picture perfect tablescape. We caught up with Yolke co-founder Ella to get her top tips on how to create a tablescape your friends will be talking about for months to come...
No Daisy shoot is complete without a Yolke look! Tell us where it all started?
Over Summer dinners in Notting Hill back in 2013 Anna and I would design brightly coloured silk shirts and homewares to match. Within a season Fortnum & Mason had approached us and asked for us to add matching trousers and we haven’t looked back from the first set of pyjamas since.
It’s such a joy to be able to enjoy dinner with family and friends again, now we just need some creative inspo! Can you tell us how to create the perfect tablescape in 5 easy steps?
1. Plan your menu, keep it seasonal and then pick out the key colours to match with the linens. Blackberry season is upon us and I love a blackberry flavoured desert so I’d lay the table with white linen cloth or our hedgerow tablecloth and compliment it with a ribbon around the cutlery.
2. I love to mix and match my crockery but I always pair with old school silver knives and forks to keep it classic and elegant.
3. If you can forage in the garden for foliage for the table, make up 2-4 little bunches and place them in low glass vases down the centre of the table.
4. Candlesticks make a magic atmosphere with the lights turned down.
5. Vintage glasses add that je ne sais quoi!
Which 5 people would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?
Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Dodi Smith, Ada Lovelace & my mother.
What’s your go-to dress and jewellery combo for dinner with friends?
At the moment our Sienna dress in the Wildflower print is my dream summer evening dress paired with lots of gold chains and bangles.